So... since I am currently obsessed with organizing my most precious possessions, here are a few of my top 5 space saving solutions.
1. Space Bags: I know, I know, right into the world of "as seen on TV" but I swear- I use these for everything- linens, baby clothes, sweaters... best of all they fit anywhere!
2. Wrapping paper storage: I dream of a wrapping paper station that looks like this
3. Bedroom office equipment: When my husband and I moved in together we agreed on a no TV in the bedroom rule. I think TVs in the bedroom are the first step towards divorce... But, with our spare room, we loose our home office which means all the bills and office equipment need a new home. In the land of lap tops we don't need a n actual workspace, but we do need some equipment. Enter the wireless printer- it communicates with my lap top in the living room and fits on a bedroom shelf without making me feel like I am sleeping in the office.
4. Photo Storage: I have a million pre digital photos, and they aren't going anywhere. So I love this 'Havana' platinum-grey medium photo box by Kolo - it's pretty enough to shelve (unlike the giant plastic bins I've been using) and made with archival paper to keep my treasures safe.
5. Under the bed storage: This is my FAV- mostly because it make use of my vintage suitcase collection... currently taking up space in the garage. And shamefully, I had never thought of it... So much chicer than the plastic bins peeking out from under my bed now. Thanks to Better Homes and Gardens for the idea!
And bonus- if I had no budget... and was in the market for some bonus storage, I'd embrace my Alice in Wonderland fantasy with this amazing shelving unit from Dust Furniture... to die for...