Monday, November 14, 2011

Fur Real

... or more accurately faux fur real.  I am so in love with the fur trend that comes out in fall- it makes me feel like Doris Day sipping cocoa next to a fireplace.


But, from a practical standpoint fur creates some challenges.  The first is ahem financial- not only can I not justify coat that costs as much as my mortgage, but I always run the risk of anything from a sucker to spit-up getting ground into what I'm wearing.  Then, there is the issue of proportion- a curvy girl in a fur piece can tend to look a little... Sasquatch-y.  Lastly, I hate looking like I rushed out and bought a trend, and while fur (real or faux) is timeless- many of the styles I'm drawn to smack of this weeks fashion mags.

So I've gathered a collection of my fav, mostly faux, fur pieces.  Reasonably priced (under $200), body skimming (to avoid "bulk") and each with a touch of retro.  Eat your heart out daycare moms!

Fur Real

Fur dress
$75 - modcloth.com

ONLY fur cardigan
£48 - houseoffraser.co.uk

Faux fur trim coat
$170 - topshop.com

Fake fur vest
$105 - warehouse.co.uk

Helene berman
$46 - theoutnet.com

Zara fur heel boots
$159 - zara.com

Star by Julien Macdonald teal bag
£39 - debenhams.com

Abercrombie Fitch knitted shawl
$98 - abercrombie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment