Friday, September 2, 2011

Winter Ready Skin

When my daughter was born I because really aware of what is kids bath products.  Parabins, sulfates all kinds of things I didn't want absorbed into my sweet baby's skin.  I hunted for reasonably priced organic baby products, and there is no shortage.  It wasn't long until I was thinking the same thing about my own skin- sure I have 30+ years of $1.99 lotion sucked into my skin, but there is no time like the present to change.  The problem?  There is a shortage of reasonably priced skin care products for women.

About a year ago a friend in the cosmetics industry introduced me to Melvita, and organic beauty product company based in France.  I fell in love with the high quality reasonably priced products that I feel good about slathering on.  Summer is over, and it's time to start preempting the damage that cold weather and constantly running central heat can cause.  It made me think of a couple Melvita products I can't live without.  I use everything from their foot lotion to eye cream- but here are my top 3.

1. Argan Oil- ie: magic in a bottle.  It reduced my stretch-marks, I put it on split ends, use it as a body moisturizer and in a pinch, I have used in on my face.  It is even a UV protectant.  Plus it has this heavenly exotic scent that makes me feel like an Arabian princess.


2. Extra-Rich Hand Cream- full disclosure- at $24 this is a bit of a splurge, but one tube lasted me almost 6 months.  Everyone who uses it, loves it.  Sweet lavender scent and super creamy non-greasy lotion- best combo ever.  My hands have never felt so good- my nails look great too!
3.  Exfoliating Shower Gel- Foaming body scrub (yes, foaming) with and orange cinnamon scent.  I supplement my regular body wash with it a couple of times a week to stay soft and (shhhh) even my husband uses it!



P.S. Melvita also offers a whole line of mom and baby products- but that's a post for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment