Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Suburban Rebellion

I know the vast majority of people live in the suburbs.  I'm one of them.  This is entirely by choice- when my husband and I first moved in together he lived in the city and I lived in the suburbs.  We had a conversation about whether we were going to be hip urbanites, or quietly raise a family in my hometown.  We chose the suburbs.  It was a practical decision; they are quiet, safe, lots of parking, we even have an actual backyard... with a garden.  Honestly, I have exactly what I always wanted.  But secretly... I envy those hip urbanites.  Sure, their kids can't play outside, they schlep their groceries four blocks home, they live in flats the size of my garage... but you know what?  They never have "mom" haircuts, they don't drive mini-vans and they actually realize flea markets are cool.

This is my attempt to infuse a little ultra cool into my suburban mom life style.  This is my suburban rebellion.  


No comments:

Post a Comment