Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Does this make me a wallflower?!

When my daughter was first born, I found my self watching a lot of late night TV.   One of my staples was HGTVs Design Star- and ever since then I always stop when I see it on.  The 2010 Design Star champ, Emily Henderson, has a show called "Secrets From A Stylist."  The principle is that your wardrobe should inspire your decor.  Makes perfect sense, right?  The good news is, I think I've got this down- my home ties right into my wardrobe... the bad news?  They are both kind of boring; neutral color pallet, minimal risk, no surprises.  In this case I am certainly the before:

Not bad.  But not memorable.

Oh to be the after...

Check out that sapphire sofa... if I die and come back as a piece for furniture I want to be that sofa.  Maybe my husband can be the chandelier and we can live happily ever after together.

Okay, here is the plan.  I'm going to return the black sweater I just bought at H&M.  Its cute- kind of a funky sillouette.  It's also the fifth black sweater I own.  Then I am making a resolution to buy two somethings totally unexpected.  One for my home and one for my closet.  Maybe a little inspiration can give me a jump start.

No comments:

Post a Comment